Sedona Wolf Week: April 20 – 23, 2017
Last April, Sedona-based 501(c)3 foundation Plan B to Save Wolves and The Sedona International Film Festival invited director Julia Huffman to screen her film Medicine of the Wolf with Apex Protection Project joining the discussion panel afterwards. The support in Sedona was so overwhelming, it leading to four screenings of the film instead of the scheduled one and gave us the impetus to create Sedona Wolf Week, an annual event focused on educating about and raising public awareness of the wolf.
Sedona Wolf Week 2017 will include:
- A Native American Opening Ceremony with Chief Raphael Bear/Fort McDowell Yavapai-Apache Nation
- Lectures, Workshops, and Programming by Some of the Country’s Leading Wolf Experts
- Meet and Greets with the Apex Protection Project Ambassador Pack
- Wolf-Themed Documentaries and Films at the Mary D. Fisher Theatre
- Educational Presentations at the Local Schools
- Art & Entertainment
- Art Gallery Exhibit and Fundraiser
- Champagne Brunch Fundraiser at Poco Diablo Resort
- Rewrite the Fairy Tale Writing Contest
- Visits to a Local Wolf Sanctuary
“Rewrite the Fairy Tale” is a national competition to update fairy tales such as Little Red Riding Hood by placing wolves in a positive light. The winner of the competition will enjoy a stay at Poco Diablo Resort, host of Sedona Wolf Week, and have their story performed for a live audience at Sedona Wolf Week. To find out more, CLICK HERE
To reserve your hotel room at special rates Poco Diablo Resort please call 928.203.5923.
We are very grateful for our sponsors! To become a sponsor and/or to participate in Sedona Wolf Week please email Betsy Klein at B@PlanB.Foundation or call 714.478.0353.